There’s a lot going on these days.
- Wayfaring Stranger — my tribute article about Charlie Haden.
- Questions about the modes of the major scale. The new blog post is here.
- Check out the video that helps you understand the practice method.
- The nice folks at multicoolty.com did an interview with me recently about my work with the WDR Big Band and life in Germany as an American ex-pat.
- Also check out some of my other video lessons for my recent Woodshed columns in Bass Player Magazine: “What Goes Down, Must Come Up.”
- Peter Leitch is a brilliant jazz guitarist. Here’s a video from a concert we did way back in ’92.
- Also take a look at our recent livestream with Marshall Gilkes from the WDR Funkhaus Saal 2. Marshall Gilkes makes an appearance with the band, this time as arranger and conductor. Marshall’s new album Köln is now available.
- And while you’re here, please take a minute to sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be sure and give you an update and just a bit of great information every once in awhile.
“If you want to hear some warm, exciting bass playing, dig John Goldsby.” Marc Myers, JazzWax.com. “. . . gleefully evokes those old dim clubs of the Mad Men years, when respectable folks were still wary of that whole jazz thing.” Louisville Metromix Magazine “A grand album, The Innkeeper’s Gun caters to the ECM way of jazz with a […]
For bassists who want to improve their jazz bowing. Learn from the masters: Paul Chambers, Jimmie Blanton, Eddie Gomez, Slam Stewart and more. Techniques and practice methods to help you swing with the bow. Newly Revised! Includes added material and CD with exercises, play-along tunes and demos. by John Goldsby. A complete approach to improvising […]