There’s a lot going on these days.
- 3 Classic Intros — my latest Woodshed column from Bass Player Magazine.
- Check out Robin’s new blog post—Lists and lists of Wish Lists!
- Questions, Answers, and more stuff you might not need to know — my new blog post is here.
- The nice folks at multicoolty.com did an interview with me recently about my work with the WDR Big Band and life in Germany as an American ex-pat.
- Also check out some of my other video lessons for my recent Woodshed columns in Bass Player Magazine: “What Goes Down, Must Come Up.”
- Peter Leitch is a brilliant jazz guitarist. Here’s a video from a concert we did way back in ’92.
- Also take a look at our recent livestream with Marshall Gilkes from the WDR Funkhaus Saal 2. Marshall Gilkes makes an appearance with the band, this time as arranger and conductor. Marshall has resigned from his position as 2nd trombone to move back to NYC and pursue his freelance career. It was fantastic having him in the band for four years, and by the looks of it, he’ll be coming back on occasion to conduct and arrange. Yes—we already have a new 2nd trombonist, the fantastic Shannon Barnett.
- And while you’re here, please take a minute to sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be sure and give you an update and just a bit of great information every once in awhile.
“If you want to hear some warm, exciting bass playing, dig John Goldsby.” Marc Myers, JazzWax.com. “. . . gleefully evokes those old dim clubs of the Mad Men years, when respectable folks were still wary of that whole jazz thing.” Louisville Metromix Magazine “A grand album, The Innkeeper’s Gun caters to the ECM way of jazz with a […]
For bassists who want to improve their jazz bowing. Learn from the masters: Paul Chambers, Jimmie Blanton, Eddie Gomez, Slam Stewart and more. Techniques and practice methods to help you swing with the bow. Newly Revised! Includes added material and CD with exercises, play-along tunes and demos. by John Goldsby. A complete approach to improvising […]