There’s a lot going on these days.
- Marshall Gilkes is nominated for a Grammy for his composition “Vesper,” which he recorded with the WDR Big Band on his album “Köln.” Marshall’s a fantastic player and composer, and I’m proud to be a part of his project.
- The album “Köln” is nominated for a Grammy in the category Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album. Marshall wrote a nice bass feature for the album, the title of which alludes to my vegan tendencies: “Plant Bassed.”
- Also take a look at our livestream from last year with Marshall Gilkes from the WDR Funkhaus Saal 2. After several years playing in the trombone section of the WDR Big Band, Marshall made an appearance with the band, this time as arranger and conductor.
- Check out my new blog post — my responses to reader enquiries.
- Wayfaring Stranger — my tribute article about Charlie Haden.
- The nice folks at multicoolty.com did an interview with me recently about my work with the WDR Big Band and life in Germany as an American ex-pat.
- Peter Leitch is a brilliant jazz guitarist. Here’s a video from a concert we did way back in ’92.
- And while you’re here, please take a minute to sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be sure and give you an update and just a bit of great information every once in awhile.