There’s a lot going on these days.
- Check out the audio for “Embraceable Red,” an etude based on the style of bassist Red Mitchell, whom I’ve profiled in recent Bass Player Magazine articles.
- Marshall Gilkes was nominated for a Grammy this year for his composition “Vesper,” which he recorded with the WDR Big Band on his album “Köln.” Marshall’s a fantastic player and composer, and I’m proud to be a part of his project.
- The album “Köln” was nominated for a Grammy in the category Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album. Marshall wrote a nice bass feature for the album, the title of which alludes to my vegan tendencies: “Plant Bassed.”
- Check out my new blog post — my responses to reader enquiries.
- Wayfaring Stranger — my tribute article about Charlie Haden.
- The nice folks at multicoolty.com did an interview with me recently about my work with the WDR Big Band and life in Germany as an American ex-pat.
- Peter Leitch is a brilliant jazz guitarist. Here’s a video from a concert we did way back in ’92.
- And while you’re here, please take a minute to sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be sure and give you an update and just a bit of great information every once in awhile.