There’s a lot going on these days.
- Big news! My new video bass course is out now at truefire.com. Released this month, “The Upright Bass Handbook” is geared towards beginning double bassists, electric bassists who want to add the acoustic bass to their arsenal, and other instrumentalists who are looking for an overview of bass technique and basic jazz bass line construction.
- Speaking of bass etudes, here’s a demo track, and the playalong track from the bass solo “Yes, We Can-taloupe” from the October, 2016 issue of Bass Player Magazine.
- Check out the audio for “Embraceable Red,” an etude based on the style of bassist Red Mitchell, whom I’ve profiled in recent Bass Player Magazine articles.
- Marshall Gilkes’s album “Köln” was nominated for a Grammy in the category Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album. Marshall wrote a nice bass feature for the album, the title of which alludes to my vegan tendencies: “Plant Bassed.”
- Check out my new blog post — The Super Summer Workshop Post!
- The nice folks at multicoolty.com did an interview with me recently about my work with the WDR Big Band and life in Germany as an American ex-pat.
- Peter Leitch is a brilliant jazz guitarist. Here’s a video from a concert we did way back in ’92.
- And while you’re here, please take a minute to sign up for my newsletter. I’ll be sure and give you an update and just a bit of great information every once in awhile.